Coding and Gaming Intermediate
Now that students understand the fundamental ideas about computers and programming we are going to teach them how to develop more complex games. They will keep problem-solving and improving their project design skills.
Students will earn a certificate of completion after they have successfully completed the final project of the level there were registered for.
- Sequence: order of steps.
- Iteration: forever and repeat.
- Conditional statements: if and if-else.
- Variables: variable block.
- Lists (arrays): list block.
- Event handling: when key pressed and when sprite clicked.
- Threads (parallel execution).
Please don’t forget to bring your own laptop.
“I like Scratch better than blogs or social networking sites like Facebook because we’re creating interesting games and projects that are fun to play, watch, and download. I don’t like to just talk to other people online; I like to talk about something creative and new.”
— A 13 Year-Old
ABOUT CODIFY ZONE
Click here for Spanish version.
- Duration 10 WEEKS
- Activities Creating Games
- Class Sizes 8
- Years Old 7 - 10
- Available Seats 2