Coding and Gaming
Programming may seem technical but it should also be a blast. This multimedia adventure is the perfect course for aspiring coders. We introduce our younger students to the essential building blocks behind object-oriented programming through creating fun, interactive stories and simple games.
Students will earn a certificate of completion after they have successfully completed the final project of the level there were registered for.
- Create animated stories and games while learning programming concepts.
- Learn some computing concepts and set a foundation of computational thinking.
- Practice math with our projects.
- Be comfortable using Scratch software.
- Learn some practical algorithms.
- Share projects on the web.
Please don’t forget to bring your own laptop.
“I like Scratch better than blogs or social networking sites like Facebook because we’re creating interesting games and projects that are fun to play, watch, and download. I don’t like to just talk to other people online; I like to talk about something creative and new.”
— A 13 Year-Old
Click here for Spanish version.
- Duration 10 WEEKS
- Activities Creating Games
- Class Sizes 8
- Years Old 7 - 10
- Available Seats 2